Who are So The Adventure Begins?
Hey! We are David and Frances, a Scottish couple turned Vietnam expats circa 2016. We caught the travel bug after our first trip to Asia in 2014, and became both smitten with the region and the prospect of creating a life where travel is more obtainable. So, after a little bit of research we completed some TEFL courses, bought plane tickets and the rest is history! After over a year of living in Saigon, Vietnam we have been able to travel to some beautiful and eyeopening places. Unfortunately, as the travel bug grows, so does our bucketlist leaving us wanting to continue with this crazy life of adventure for as long as possible!
Related Post: Why do we Teach English in Vietnam?
Why did we create So The Adventure Begins?
So The Adventure Begins was born into being when we were on the cusp of adventuring to Vietnam (hence its namesake). Originally, it was meant to be a space for sharing our adventures of living in Vietnam with those back home (read: reassuring them we were safe and having fun). When we first moved and started teaching we found ourselves with more free time than expected and in need of a creative outlet – and so the blog became a bit of a passion project. We use the blog to share our experiences of living in Vietnam, teaching English and, of course, all the travels we have been on.
Curious about where we have travel since moving to Vietnam? Check them all out here
Get to know us!
- Let’s be real here: I am the driving force behind So The Adventure Begins. Writer, designer, content creator and editor. David makes for a great proof reader and does occasionally injects his ideas though.
- Ice tea is my drink of preference. Peach tea used to be the bees-knees but recently lychee is creeping in. I’m so exotic, right?
- I have had a fascination with ancient history since a child (Egypt is my pinnacle travel destination).
- I was born and raised in the Scottish capital Edinburgh. I can attest that it is basically the most beautiful city you will EVER visit. Scratch that, Scotland in general. You must go!
- I am a lister. List of everything. Lists lists lists. I just love to be really organised (but somehow travelling without a certain plan can be okay).
- I am the following boyfriend turned amateur photographer (#instahusband)
- I am a fan of every sport – which can be challenging when travelling and often ends up with crazy alarms set throughout the night to watch things live. No literally every sport – football, NFL, golf, cricket, tennis, badminton, boxing.. you name it. I like it.
- I am a world geography fact-file. Bold statement? Certainly, but true – I can identify every flag, every country, even reciting the US states in alphabetical order. Some might call it freaky, but I call it a great asset for pub quizzes.
- I am pretty much obsessed with the Killers. I been to see them in concert in 4 different countries and I have lyrics to my favourite track tattooed.
We should work together!
Do you have a project that you think we can collaborate on? Maybe you have a product or destination you think we need to share with our readers? Or maybe you simply have a question you’d like to pick our brains about? Get in touch – you should check out our Contact page to send us a message! We can’t wait to hear from you!
Love us a lot? Subscribe to get our posts send straight to your inbox.